Health Administration Responsibility Project
Federal Statutes and Regulations
- Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974
- Medicare US CODE sections
- EMTALA (anti-dumping law)
- COBRA (health insurance continuation)
- HIPAA (privacy)
... HIPAA Answers
... HHS Office for Civil Rights
- HR 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
- ERISA Regulations, 29 CFR Chap. XXV
- 29 CFR 2560.503-1: New ERISA Claims Regs Eff. 7/1/2002
- DOL EBSA website map
- Medicare and Medicaid, 42 CFR Chap. IV
- Medicare Appeals Regulations
- HIPAA privacy regulations
- 45 CFR 164.524 HIPAA Reg re Access of Individuals to their own protected health information
- Federal Rules restricting Physician Incentive Plans in Medicare/aid HMOs
- Medicare Appeals Manual
- Medicare/Medicaid On-Line Manuals
Your right to see ERISA Plan documents
Under 29 USC 1021, the Administrator must furnish copies of the Summary Plan Description (SPD) and the Annual Report.
Under 29 USC 1024(b)(2) he must make available for inspection the SPD with all modifications and changes, the annual report, and the contract or agreement under which the plan was established, and upon request furnish copies of the above.
Under 29 USC 1132(c)(1)(B), if he doesn't comply, after 30 days he is liable for a fine of $100/day.
Most of this site is under construction. We welcome all
suggestions and comments, whether substantive or technical.